Saturday, July 9, 2011

Sunsuit and Baby Bag

Okay, I say it all the time, and I'll say it again, my sewing group Crafty Sewing Mamas on BabyCenter.com is full of inspiration. So many of the ladies on there are extremely talented. I especially love the "Sew and Tell" posts where everyone posts pics of their recent creations (and sometimes we can vent about our epic fails, either way, it's tons of fun). Someone had posted a sun suit and the link for the tutorial, which gave me the push I needed to finally try my hand at shirring with elastic thread. Now I'm hooked:

Here is the back of the sunsuit.  I cut the straps so they'd look the same and also modified the bottom of the sunsuit so it didn't have snaps.  Scarlett's getting a bit old for the snaps and it was a super easy change to make.  The shirred top has a ton of give and sliding her into it isn't a problem at all. 












OMG, this picture just cracked me up!
     The tutorial for the sunsuit can be found at Made by Rae.  It's very clearly written and easy to follow.  There was also a link posted that teaches you how to shirr using your Brother machine.  Shirring with your Brother Machine.  I followed this and steamed it at the end, with fabulous results... especially for my first time!  Super easy to do. 

     Also, my friend had her baby!  Yay!  I've been working on baby goodies for the past few months and can finally post pics (didn't post before b/c I didn't want to ruin any surprise). 
     The tutorials for the tutu, booties, and diaper changing pad can be found in my "tutorials" section.  The denim bibs were made using this tutorial.   And everything else was made up, except for the elf hat, which I found the pattern for at the Etsy shop, JT Easy Crochet.  She is super nice and was a pleasure to do business with.  Pattern was e-mailed extremely fast... which is always appreciated! 

No comments:

Post a Comment