Saturday, March 10, 2012

Putting All Your Eggs in One Basket

     The old saying, "Don't put all your eggs in one basket" doesn't always hold true.  It doesn't necessarily mean that catastrophe is inevitable.  Sometimes, all of your eggs in one basket can result in something really, really good.  :)


     These little guys were made using Sculpey Studio polymer clay (which, sadly, has been retired... drives me crazy), baked in an Amaco craft oven, and then hand-painted.  I have not glazed them yet.  I will probably be glazing them with a satin glaze so they are not shiny; though I am kicking around the idea of not glazing them at all. (Sculpey Studio clay has an awesome almost suede-like texture and doesn't have to be glazed.)

2 comments:

  1. These are adorable. But I'm shocked and dismayed to learn they've retired Sculpey -- all my crafty friends seem to use it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And no worries, they're not retiring ALL of the Sculpey, just the Sculpey Studio. Other versions of Sculpey (like Sculpey III, Original Sculpey, Sculpey Premo, etc.) are still going to be available. I just really liked the colors, texture, and finish on the Studio version. Kind of sad. :(

      Delete