Friday, April 13, 2012

Baby Blankets Galore!

     I've been working on a lot of baby stuff recently to get ready for the newest addition to our household.  Of course, after my last child, I had given all the baby stuff away thinking that we were done.  (Go figure.  Isn't that how it always goes?)  Been scrambling to catch up and wanted to start off with some baby blankets.

     The first one I made:

    This was in case the baby was a girl.  Used 100% cotton for the top part, and then a fuzzy material found in the "minky" aisle for the fluffy underside.  Also, my new labels came in!  Was so excited to have those arrive and couldn't wait to start attaching them to everything.  :)

    This was before I opted for an elective ultrasound to find out the sex of the baby.  That's when we found out that we were actually having a BOY!  Yay!  Another excuse to start whipping up different blankets.  I gave the fuzzy blanket to my daughter after she saw it folded and tucked away in my closet and started petting it like it was a fuzzy animal.  Looks pretty on her new toddler bed.  For once, she actually made her bed this morning.  (Knock me over with a feather!)

    Anyway, onward to the boy blankets:




     Both are lightweight blankets with 100% cotton top and soft flannel underside.  They were both super quick and easy projects and a great way to make the kids' naptime really productive.

    Finally, on my list of baby "done"s, is my first knitted project.  To those out there who knit on a regular basis, I salute you.  This was my first knitting project and seemed to take FOREVER.  Used two strands of yarn to knit with and it still took me four days to complete a single washcloth.  Still have two more to go.



     Currently working on knocking out a few more burp cloths.  Definitely in full-on "nesting" mode.

    Keep an eye on the blog, I've got a giveaway or two in the works.  Will be posting in the next week or so. 

No comments:

Post a Comment