Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Grow Boxes are Working!

So those Grow Boxes that I bought this year are actually pulling their weight... and then some!

Today, after 2 days of not going in the garden (thanks, rain), I was able to harvest this:

And last week, one day I hauled in this:

     I was excited because it was my first white eggplants EVER.  Had to explain to my son, Kai, however... that while it was an EGGplant, that they were not eggs from the chickens.  Nope, still waiting for them to start laying.  The confusion about eggs and eggplants had me laughing, though!

     Will keep you posted on the Grow Boxes, and as I said... will give a final review at the end of the growing season.  Thusfar, I'm pretty impressed.  Dealing with a bit of powdery mildew on my cucumber plant (first time I've tried this kind of cucumber instead of my regular "burpless" kind), so I'm not sure if it's a result of the Grow Boxes or my inexperience with this type.  Might try giving it another whirl if the season lasts and I have to rip this other plant out.  We'll see!

No comments:

Post a Comment